PRODUCTS WILL BE SPECIALITY COMMODITIES GROUP LIKE RAW CASHEW NUTS, PULSES , SESAME, SPICES
The role will have the following key responsibilities for his districts:
1. Start country operations in Tanzania, Uganda, Sudan, Mozambique and Malawi for all product basket. Build the team in the region for sourcing and managing the operations from these countries.
2. Develop and formalize the sourcing strategy as per the product and country we operate in.
3. Responsible for all risks of stock, advances and credit in the region
4. Needs to be directly responsible for the P&L of the region
5. Set up operational controls and processes in the region for seamless sourcing operations and exports.
6. Responsible for accounting and finance along with regional FC for ensuring month end and year end closing
7. Responsible for all statutory requirements basis the countries we operate in
8. Coordinate closely with Trade desk for all FOB business possibilities from the region for the products.
9. Establish a network of reliable suppliers/ clients and service providers in the region and make the brand to reckon with in the region
Regional Profit Centre Head
Agri commodity, Business Development, Commodity Trader
Any Other, B.A. Economics, B.Com., B.E. (Agriculture), B.Sc.(Agriculture)
,M.E. (Agriculture), M.Sc. Agriculture, M.Sc. Agriculture(Agri. Economics), MBA, Post graduate
Total Yrs of Experience
The East African cluster has very high importance for the Specialty Commodities division. Most of products grow in large quantities in East Africa.
The Regional Profit Centre Head will set up and lead the profitability of the region across all required products.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Essential: Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, marketing, sales, finance or another business related field.Desirable: MBA or Master’s degree in a related field
• Minimum of 5 - 15 years’ experience, including at least 5 year’s working in a proven commercial management position
• Proven track record of developing and leading high performing sourcing and operations teams at regional or national level, ideally with a multi-national or Blue Chip company.
• Strong regional experience in East Africa and proven track record of running sourcing and PNL roles in Sesame/ pulses / spices and Raw Cashew Nuts
• Entrepreneurial and bottom of the pyramid skill sets
• Strong interpersonal, problem solving and negotiation skills
• Analytical with a good head for figures
• Innovative, entrepreneurial
• Excellent verbal communication and written communication including the ability to produce clear presentations and reports
• Proficient in MS Office (including MS Word, Excel and Power point)
• Willing to be based and travel extensively across the East African region
• Gender diversity is encouraged
No of Vacancies
Any Special Message for Applicants
Candidates are requested to go through the JD carefully and apply. CV can be shared at email@example.com